Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Rise of Heroes


I admit to being somewhat of a telvision-aholic. Blame ReplayTV or TiVO or whatever PVR technology you choose. I find my fanny in the leather dimples of our couch more often than I can believe.

In my previous post, I lamented about the fall of heroes. Here, I want to talk about the rise of hereos. But... I mean the show Heroes, which has gotten my attention and kept it since the pilot. For those that aren't familiar, think X-Men but where the affected mutants don't quite understand their own talents and everyone seems to have a predestined purpose.

Now let me start by saying that I love this show. And let me continue by saying I hate this show. The concept is fantastic and the actors are superbly chosen. Each character is being fully developed (well, everyone except the bad guys) and I am captiviated like a small child in a candy store.

Unfortunately, there are some serious flaws to this show. Specifically:
The destiny thing gets old fast. When you know what happens in the end, what's the point of watching? Luckily, the writers seem to have realized this and are starting to put some twists in -- like showing us that someone dies but then .. oh, just kidding, not really. Nice.

Why does everyone have to have a power? With everyone involved in the show suddenly displaying some mutant ability, it's starting to feel like normal people are the minority. And it defeats the shock of the abilities of others. Kind of like when XMen III came out and all it seemed to be was a massive coming together of every power the writers could think of. Boooooring.

And what is with Mohinder? He has no power (or does he?) and he's useless to the plot and he's an idiot to boot. I'm sick to death of him. Did the producers need to capture the Indian TV market or something? Blah. Please. Kill him off and do it soon.

If I were on the show, my power would be that I can make people laugh so hard they pee in their pants. And then I steal their wallets. Also, I would naturally hunt and decimate the mime population. But that would be obvious...

Dantelope @ im-stuck-in-the-matrix-come-save-me

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm with you Dan. I like the show, but Mohinder must die. I keep telling myself there must be a reason. What is with the creepy kid and soccor ball? Hello?

Oh yeah, Happy Turkey Day!
 
oh that's easy... the kid represents David Beckham, and the soccer ball represents all that is decent in humanity.

The part of Posh Spice played by the dirty soccer field.

So silly.
 
I agree with what you're saying but I'm gonna be patient. They haven't disappointed me yet. I have a feeling that his role is going to be explained very soon.
 
Oh well now I just fell stupid! David Beckham... I should have known! (Mmmmm...David Beckham) You know I rented "Bend it like Beckham" Cause I thought he might be in it...shirtless. But no.

Now they are going back 6 months so we can see how they got their powers. I must watch!
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

So Mohinder has The List. That is his power. Good, now Sylar can kill his useless ass and we can move on with the show.

I've really come to love when Hiro does his impression of a constipated dog.
 
I love Hiro. He's got to be my favorite character on the show.

OK - are Nikki & Jessica twins or did Jessica just assume Nikki's image?

I really liked last night's episode. Learning all the back stroy was quite helpful, especially Nathan's story and what really happened to his wife. No wonder he feels so guilty.

Damn, only one more episode until after the new year. That is gonna suck!!
 
OK - who is going to bite it tonight? I'm thinking either the cop or Nikki's husband. Actually, I'm not too sure on that one because that one is almost too easy. Hmm.
Any ideas?
 
Hmmmm... good question. My vote would be for the kid. He should be in school. :-)

I doubt it will be the cop because that guy is too involved in the hunt for Sylar now. Plus he's got experience on shows (he was the supporting agent in Alias).

I'm not sure if Nikki's husband can be killed. We haven't learned whether his power has to be initiated or not... if not, or he he's just got very fast reflexes, the bullet will pass right through him.

Since every freakin' person on the show has a power, I say it's going to be someone ancillary. Like the chick who controls people's minds. She's annoying. I liked her better when her name was Luke Skywalker.

Dan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?