Monday, April 24, 2006

One of THOSE Days

Sometimes you win, and sometimes this happens...

  1. Woke up late. Mental note: replace lazy rooster with real alarm clock.

  2. Didn't work out as planned. Again. Now where did I put those fat pants?

  3. Bunch of folks announced departure at work. Expecting resulting workload to fall squarely on someone named "me". Unless I get laid off first. Not sure which would be better for someone named "me".

  4. Left later than desired from work and ran into unusually aggressive and slow traffic. Nothing quite as exciting as a 90 year old in a Cadillac STS driving weaving in and out of traffic like a drunk 9 year old. Except giving said 90 year old the "old man's middle finger". And maybe getting an unknown sign back from him which I will certainly need to research.

  5. Nothing in fridge, had to scrounge and make dinner for TSO and the Two Evil Genius Midgets. Daddy resorts to old high school cafeteria trick: mix mystery meat with mystery sauce and play up the "mystery" part as A Good Thing.

  6. Princess Diva broke space bar on laptop. Okay, Firstborn actually broke it but it didn't truly pop off and play dead until Diva decided it made a good drum.

  7. Yours truly cannot fix said space bar on laptop and feels like a complete idiot. Which only really sucks because I am a complete idiot but like to pretend otherwise.

  8. VOIP phone service goes down like a side-street ho on a Japanese businessman. TSO flaming pissed like Hillary after finding The Stain.

  9. Tech support for said phone service is.... busy signal; can't receive or make calls. I think if you own a telephone company and your telephones are busy, you probably have your money going in the wrong spot. Who's with me?

  10. Broke diet and finished DQ ice cream cake; now feel like a bloated pig in sweats. Sometimes you just gotta go for the gold.... icing.

  11. TSO in a funk not seen since Vanilla Ice when he realized he never really had a career. Upset about a dozen different things and not sure who she wants to kill first. Betting folks will want to wager on me as first to be buried six feet under.

---- Dantelope @ wish-i'd-stayed-in-bed-today

Comments:
The kids broke the laptop because you fed them mystery meat Dan. Those poor, poor children. However, I am impressed that you cooked. :)
 
Well the events came in a different order, actually... first the breaking of the laptop, THEN the mystery meat.

I'm not sure what I do could be called "cooking", but I do love compliments so I'll soak that one up :)
 
Have you seen the KIA commercial with the Mime?!?! Hilarious!
I was lucky enough to see that commercial and the preview trailer for "Stick It" in the SAME commercial break!
 
I missed it!! Using ReplayTV has its disadvantages, too, I guess :(
 
Your kids are no fools Dan. They knew what was coming. The same way my Chihuahua knows it's bath time. It's a sixth sense thing.

I know this is off the subject but I concur with your statement to Topper from MB’s blog. He is kinda coming from way out in left field isn’t he?

Also off the subject, have you ever “googled” boils? As in the nasty zit thingys? It’s a nasty pastime my co-worker has. The sport of it, it seems, is to look up the nastiest boil possible and trick me into looking at it. You don’t really have to answer that. I just had to cry out for help.
 
Boils!? BOILS!? That is, in a word, ewwwwwww.

I hear your cry for help and I am here.

My first thought is to take a picture of your boss and post it to a website under the keyword "boil". Then have a bunch of boil-related websites link to it, which will raise its Google page rank. And, in final moment of triumph, search for boils while he is present and proudly pick his face out of the crowd. I am Evil, hear me roar.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?